19 May 2011

Chiddy Bang - Peanut Butter & Swelly (Trailer)


Chiddy Bang - Peanut Butter & Swelly [Trailer] from illRoots.com on Vimeo.


Chiddy Bang are coming out with another mixtape. The Swelly Express is one of my favorite mixtapes of all time. Instant Classic. They are a prime example of what a good mixtape can do for an artist. It wasn't even like every blog was picking it up either. I remember I found it on Pretty Much Amazing and couldn't believe they had finally dropped a mixtape. And it was dope.

Side note: Chiddy Bang performed at Colby in January of 2009 right when they made "Opposite of Adults" and I had been wondering if/when they were going to drop a mixtape. So it surprised me when I came across it when I was casually browsing the internet.

So anyway, I immediately blogged about it because I thought it was something people should listen to. Fast forward a few months: they ink a major deal with EMI, sign with NUE Agency, go on an international tour, release Air Swell, get featured on Need For Speed and Taco Bell commercials, and break the rap world record for longest freestyle. Wow. Try saying that in one breathe. Needless to say, it's been a wild ride for Noah and Chiddy. Glad to have been part of it for a little while.


Peanut Butter & Swelly is just the next step in what will hopefully be a long and prosperous career in this crazy industry.  May 27. Save the date.

No comments:

Post a Comment