20 December 2010

Oldermost - Lose Your Mind

Not quite sure how I came across Oldermost. They must have gotten lost in the hundreds of songs I downloaded last week. But I haven't stopped listening to them since last Tuesday. And now I have decided to share them with you guys.

Most of you are asking yourself who is Oldermost? Good question. I didn't really know, but after some digging here's the scoop. The three original members, Bradford, Dan and Peter, went to James Madison University in Virginia. After graduating they moved to Philadelphia, where they asked Dan's childhood friend, Stephen, to join their band. Stephen said yes. They decided to call themselves Oldermost, and they've been making music together ever since.

They recently released a self-titled, four-song EP. I'm hard pressed to describe their sound, but if I must, I'd describe their sound as an artful blend of Arcade Fire, Radiohead, and Jeff Buckley. I could be way off here, but that's what popped into my head and I'm too lazy to check if that actually makes sense. Feel free to correct me in the comments section if my hasty comparison if way off. But I digress.

The name of the song is "Lose Your Mind." I really like it. In fact, like all of their other songs, which can be found on Bandcamp. I highly suggest you check it out. It's good indie music.

Oldermost - Lose Your Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment