19 December 2010

Lil' Wayne featuring Cory Gunz - 6'7"

I know I'm late with this, but as a blogger, purveyor of all things dope, and most importantly a true fan of hip hop, I must share this song with you. I wanted to post it when it first came out a few days ago, but I wanted to reserve judgement. A lot of people will post Lil' Wayne tracks simply because it's a Lil' Wayne track. I wanted to wait a few days in order to make a rational conclusion about this song. 

Well, I've decided that this song is a big big record, and yes, I used the word 'big' twice. That was not a typo. Bigger than "A Miili?" That remains to be seen. But I can tell you that all the "Black & Yellow" freestyles (see post below) will pale in comparison to the amount of people who will jump on this track. I'm not even talking XXL Freshmen either. I'm talking about cats that are synonymous with longevity and greatness. I want to hear Busta Rhymes, Jadakiss, Bun B, Big Boi, 3 Stacks, and Snoop on this track.

But don't get me wrong, I think Wale, Wiz Khalifa, Drizzy, and the rest of the new comers would go MC Hammer on this beat (produced by Bangladesh) as well, but this is a track that all dope emcees should go in on. 

As a side note, I think Cory Gunz should be excluded from this track. His verse is weak. No punchlines. No memorable lines. He hits us with some pace, but it doesn't bring any energy to the track. I'm trying to remain as objective as possible, but I'm just not a fan of Cory Gunz. Sorry for having an opinion. Call me a hater.


No comments:

Post a Comment