17 February 2010

New: Wakey! Wakey! - Twenty-Two

It has been a very long time since I've last put something up here and I sincerely apologize. I've been super busy with the beginning of my last semester at Colby and I'm just now finding time to get back into the blogging world.

Now that that's out of the way, I can introduce you to a talented band from New York headed by Mike Grubbs (vocals and piano) that goes by the name Wakey! Wakey! Don't let the name fool you-- their music is fantastic. It's like a breath of fresh air after listening to Lady GaGa, Iyaz, Ke$ha, and Taylor Swift all hours of the day.

They have an interesting vibe-- think Cisco Adler x Brett Dennen x Grizzly Bear x Beach House x Jack Johnson x TV on the Radio x Alice Smith. Stylistically they are quite eclectic and it shows here. So without further ado, check out "Twenty-Two" by Wakey! Wakey!

No comments:

Post a Comment