18 January 2010

Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

This man did a lot for this country-- more than I could ever know or feel. Dr. King's unwavering commitment and dedication to gaining racial equality was (and still is) deeply inspiring and admirable. However, we cannot forget the other people who stood next to Dr. King and fought for racial equality as well. Yes, I completely understand that MLK Jr. was the leader and the face of the Ciliv Rights movement, but I don't want the millions of others who were part of the movement to be forgotten and erased from the history books. So, I finish this blog post with this:

Thank you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and all the others involved in the Civil Right movement. Had it not been for you, my parents would not have made it as far as they have in this country, my sister wouldn't be the strong and influential young woman she is, I probably would not be preparing to graduate from Colby College. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment